We are feeling some cooler temperatures today so we thought we'd share a little fall wardrobe inspiration!
1. Sweater: Doncaster, 2. Pants: Giambattista Valli, 3. Handbag: Doncaster, 4: Shoes: Nine West
Wearing white throughout the year is one of our most favorite rules to break. We absolutely love the look of white paired back with some warmer fall tones.
1. Jacket: Doncaster, 2. Top: Michael Kors, 3. Pants: The Row, 4. Necklace: Doncaster, 5. Handbag: Doncaster, 6. Shoes: Barbara Bui
We are really into turtlenecks this fall, and of course, you can never go wrong with leather leggings! This all black look paired back with this amazing floral jacket is perfect for a night out.
1. Jacket: Doncaster, 2. Top: Doncaster, 3. Jeans: Current/Elliot 4. Belt: Alice & Olivia, 5. Handbag: Doncaster, 6. Shoe: Valentino
Boyfriend jeans are a must for fall but they do not always have to be worn with a chunky sweater and pumps. Try pairing your favorite pair with a sparkly jacket or sequined blouse.
We may not be feeling those cooler temperatures just yet but we will soon enough. The most difficult thing about this time of year is our wardrobes. Transitioning from summer to fall is tough because the temperature is usually at that "in between" stage. It is quite a bit cooler in the morning than it is in the afternoon; usually, a difference of around 20 degrees. So, what do you do? Think layers, layers, layers. Carry those tanks and dresses into fall by throwing a tee underneath your tanks or a sweater over your favorite summer dress. Trade in those sandals for some cute booties and knee highs. Here are some examples of how to take your summer staple maxi dresses into fall by adding some layers.
Summer: Etro maxi dress and Valentino lace-up sandal. Fall: Doncaster blazer, Etro maxi dress and Lucky Brand bootie
Summer: Mara Hoffman maxi dress and Zimmermann lace-up heels. Fall: Doncaster blouse, Mara Hoffman maxi dress and Zimmermann lace-up booties.
Summer: TopShop maxi dress and Rebecca Minkoff sandal. Fall: Doncaster sweater, TopShop maxi dress and Gianvito Rossi knee high boot.
Now go check in your closet and think about what you can start pairing your maxi dresses with for this fall. And don't stop there. Put a button up blouse underneath your sleeveless tops and pair with a mini skirt and thigh high boots. Throw on a boyfriend blazer with your skinnies and a tshirt and pair with some suede Mary-Jane pumps. Really the options are endless. Have fun now because once those winter temps get here, it will be time to pack up those summer duds!
Yeah, you read that right. We said it. It's time to get off your fanny, take charge and do all those things you've dreamed of doing! Life is hard. Life is fast. Life can kick our butts. We get it. It kicks our butts on the daily, but we've read some pretty great books lately that have us really inspired. We are yelling, "I am woman, hear me roar"!
Lets begin with the first book, The Power of I Am by Joel Olsteen. This book is about changing your "I ams". We must stop putting ourselves down all the time, and say "I am good enough"! When you speak negative words, negativity surrounds you but the moment you begin speaking positive, then your world will change in such a positive way. It really does work! It sounds so simple but for many of us, it is so easy to be too hard on ourselves. So read this book, and start saying "I am awesome"!!
The second book, titled Rich Bitch by Nicole Lapin is about a 12-step plan created by the author. Nicole Lapin is a financial journalist who teaches us to invest in ourselves rather than nickel-and-diming ourselves. She's smart, she's funny and after reading her book, you will feel relaxed and confident about taking on your own financial freedom!
The third book we recently read, Just Shut Up and Do It by Brian Tracy, is about taking the bull by the horns and conquering your goals. No matter how big or small any particular goal is, sometimes we are all talk and no action. Brian Tracy provides you with 7 steps to take in order to put those words into action. Now anything is possible.
The last book, The Stash Plan by Laura Prepon and Elizabeth Troy, for us was more about how to keep healthy while taking on the world. It is really a great educational book about how all of the processed foods we consume today are hurting our bodies in the short term as well as the long term. The things we can do, according to Laura and Elizabeth, to remain healthy are really quite simple. This book is an easy read with easy recipes and tips. We felt healthier just for reading it!
So, what do you say? How about you put your big girl panties on, stop your complaining and get BUSY? Okay, okay...we already know you are super busy; we get it, promise. If you keep telling yourself you are too busy, your debts are too big, you'll never be able to buy that house, then you will remain as you are. But if you want to be a total #badass, then change those "I ams" to positve ones, get your finances in order, get healthy and most importantly, "just shut up and do it"!
P.S. We had a really hard time not quoting Stuart Smiley in this post but feel it is necessary. So we are doing it as afterthought. "I am good enough. I am smart enough, and doggoneit, people like me!" Stuart Smiley
Do you feel like once Labor Day comes and goes, the feeling in the air just starts to change? Every year it's that same familiar feeling, and we must say, it's a pretty good one. We love summer A LOT but something about that first college football pass thrown immediately makes you want to make chili and sip hot chocolate! But what does that mean for our wardrobes?? Because, here in the South, it is still HOT!! Don't worry...the only thing you need to be worried about right now is stocking your fall and winter wardrobes. These five essential summer items are items we find essential all year long!
1. A good tote like the one above by Purse for the People. It makes a great day bag, travel bag, picnic bag, and we've even been known to tote around Nacho, the French bulldog, inside. He likes to hang out with us a lot (not sure why??). Plus this brand is great for the environment. The rattan from these bags is sourced from the rain forest, hand-woven by native artisans and then assembled here in the USA. What's better than that??
2. A great water bottle.....our go-to is always a S'Well bottle. We have several in lots of different colors so it's always fun to pick out which one we'll carry for the day!
3. Sunglasses. This is pretty much a no brainer; however, our point here is that sunglasses are super trendy right now. Mirrored lenses, colored lenses, funky shapes...you name it. And we are loving them all BUT you should always have one pair of neutral shades on hand for those days when you need to tone it down a bit.
4. A fabulous pair of shoes for everyday like these slip ons by Rachel Zoe. They are snake skin (which goes with everything...seriously), they are comfortable (so you can tote your kids around...or Nacho) and they are out of this world fabulous!
5. White. White is such a staple piece for everyone's wardrobe. You can never have too much white. White pants. White jeans. White shirts. White, white, everything white...except shoes.....the only acceptable white shoes are sneakers...period..