Do you feel like once Labor Day comes and goes, the feeling in the air just starts to change? Every year it's that same familiar feeling, and we must say, it's a pretty good one. We love summer A LOT but something about that first college football pass thrown immediately makes you want to make chili and sip hot chocolate! But what does that mean for our wardrobes?? Because, here in the South, it is still HOT!! Don't worry...the only thing you need to be worried about right now is stocking your fall and winter wardrobes. These five essential summer items are items we find essential all year long!
1. A good tote like the one above by Purse for the People. It makes a great day bag, travel bag, picnic bag, and we've even been known to tote around Nacho, the French bulldog, inside. He likes to hang out with us a lot (not sure why??). Plus this brand is great for the environment. The rattan from these bags is sourced from the rain forest, hand-woven by native artisans and then assembled here in the USA. What's better than that??
2. A great water bottle.....our go-to is always a S'Well bottle. We have several in lots of different colors so it's always fun to pick out which one we'll carry for the day!
3. Sunglasses. This is pretty much a no brainer; however, our point here is that sunglasses are super trendy right now. Mirrored lenses, colored lenses, funky shapes...you name it. And we are loving them all BUT you should always have one pair of neutral shades on hand for those days when you need to tone it down a bit.
4. A fabulous pair of shoes for everyday like these slip ons by Rachel Zoe. They are snake skin (which goes with everything...seriously), they are comfortable (so you can tote your kids around...or Nacho) and they are out of this world fabulous!
5. White. White is such a staple piece for everyone's wardrobe. You can never have too much white. White pants. White jeans. White shirts. White, white, everything white...except shoes.....the only acceptable white shoes are sneakers...period..